“New year, new you.” That’s how the saying goes, right? We all know it isn’t quite so black and white. Sometimes “new you” might need a little support to fully blossom into her fullest potential.
I’ve found that often the support I need doesn’t come from someone else, but from the one person best positioned to actually help me push through my limiting beliefs and move closer to my dreams: me!
One essential element of providing this foundational support to ourselves is a shift in our internal dialogue. And no tool is more effective in achieving this shift than a practice of daily positive affirmations.
Affirmations are a way of confirming something you need to realize or want to be true. They are a reminder from yourself to yourself. An affirmation practice can help you to believe in your potential and thus, achieve your goals. Positive affirmations can make a considerable impact on your behaviors if you’re trying to build positive habits, according to “The impact of self-affirmation on health-behavior change: a meta-analysis” study.
A change of perspective and a revived belief in yourself and your abilities might just be the ticket to reaching the dreams you have and the goals you’ve set for the next 12 months. I’ve chosen 25 powerful affirmations to help you enter the new year with a brand new point of view and a deep new well of self-love.
How to start practicing the New Year’s affirmations?
- Pick your affirmation and decide on purpose.
- Always use the present tense. Believe you already are or have what you want.
- Keep your positive affirmation short and authentic.
- Repeat this positive thought to yourself every morning and before going to bed.
- You can also write your affirmation in a personal journal, on a sticker note, and place it on a mirror, or even put it as wallpaper (scroll down for a link to my free phone wallpapers!)
Positive affirmations for 2023
- I release what no longer serves me.
- I let go of the old, I’m making space for the new.
- I am enough, I do enough.
- I have all that I need.
- I embrace the season I am in.
- I’m full of gratitude.
- I am proud of the woman I am.
- I’ve come this far, I’m stronger than I thought.
- I’m creating space for the things that are the most important to me.
- I acknowledge my self-worth; my confidence is soaring.
- I am deeply devoted to creating my dream life.
- I am healthy, I am whole, I am complete.
- My body is strong, my mind is brilliant and my soul is fulfilled.
- I am light, I am love, I am joy.
- I trust myself to make the right decision.
- Every day I move closer to my dreams.
- I am grateful for all that I have and all that is yet to come.
- I manifest miracles.
- I give myself space to grow and learn.
- My drive and ambition empower me to achieve my goals.
- I trust that I am on the right path.
- I am at peace with the choices I have made.
- I am grateful to have people in my life who love me and accept me for who I am.
- I give myself permission to do what is right for me.
- I am living the best time of my life!
Want to have these affirmations in a place where you’ll see them throughout the day? Download my 25 Affirmations Phone Wallpapers to save your favorites to your home screen! The phone wallpaper file includes two formats, 1080×1920 and 1242×2800, for use on all types of smartphones.
Now that you know how to start practicing your positive daily affirmations, consider reinforcing this fresh perspective with my free mini lesson: Find Your Why and Put Your Purpose Into Practice.