We made bagels! I mean, as a good Jewish girl I’m using the word Bagel loosely here. But even if they aren’t authentic they are yummmmyyy and they literally take less than 30 mins from batter to cream cheesy goodness! Want the recipe? You’re in luck…
Gluten Free Fast and Easy Bagels!
- One cup GF flour
- Half teaspoon xanthan gum if your flour doesn’t already include it
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt chilled
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon lukewarm water, beaten)
- Toppings like sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or Everything But the Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the yogurt, and mix until combined.
- You might need to add a little more flour until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead it with clean hands until it’s a bit smoother.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball, adding a bit more flour as necessary to keep the dough from sticking.
- Press each round of dough into a disk about 1/2-inch tall, make a hole in the center, and rotate the dough to increase the size to about 1-inch.
- Place the shaped pieces of dough about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Brush generously with the egg wash and add your toppings!
- Place the baking sheet in the center of the preheated oven and bake until the bagels are puffed and golden brown all over, about 22 minutes.
- Cool slightly before slathering with cream cheese.